Sunday, May 17, 2015

If You Want Something Done Right …

The bride plans the wedding. The groom plans the honeymoon,Clienty,personalized bobbleheads. Isn’t that an unwritten rule written down somewhere,custom bobblehead?

Flashback to November. With 6 months left before the big day, we decided to focus on the honeymoon. The big decision was Italy or Greece. I had over 100,custom bobblehead,000 miles on Delta – enough to upgrade two tickets to Europe so we decided to plan the trip around the available upgrades. Many phone calls and hours on hold with Delta later (mostly by me), we decided to fly into Venice (via Paris) and fly out of Rome. No problemo; all that was left was booking the tickets.

I was tired of dealing with this; it was Mr. Firefly’s job. So he called Delta. Of course their computer was down (isn’t it always?),Nubra, so after a couple of hours,Top Tips on Choosing Lace Prom Dresses,customize bobblehead, he gave up and went to bed. The Delta salesguy said he would take care of the tickets,personalized bobblehead, call us when he was done and email the confirmations.

Flashforward to last night. I was putting together a honeymoon calender. I opened the Delta confirmation and I see one very scary word … COACH. Coach? I’m not flying coach for my honeymoon! I called Delta in a panic. Apparently,., the upgrades were not available, so Delta booked us on COACH. Mr. Firefly never opened the email so he never realized that his credit card was charged more than $1500 less(!) because Delta booked us on the cheaper restricted fare rather than the upgradable fare.

I begged,personalized bobblehead, I pleaded,,, I cursed,custom bobblehead, I threatened, I almost cried. But there was nothing Delta would do but offer that we buy B-class tickets,Desserts!, for $2000 more than the upgradeable tickets we thought we had gotten (and $3500 more than the restricted fare coach tickets). If Mr. Firefly had simply given Delta his credit card to buy the B-class tickets, I wouldn’t have stopped him. But he asked me what to do,customized bobbleheads, and I couldn’t tell him to spend the money (we’re moving and renovating… tons of expenses these days ) and we probably would have gone to Greece if we were going to spend that much on the flights (hotels in Greece cost less than hotels in Italy).

So on my honeymoon, I will be flying COACH! The only saving grace is that Delta switched us to the direct flight to Venice (saving two hours) and that we will be sitting both ways together in a double (I was sure that Delta would find two random center seats for us).

The moral of this story,personalized bobble heads, ladies? If you want something done right, never ever go to bed before its done.

UPDATE: I can tell why Delta is in Bankruptcy! It seems like no one there is even close to being on the same page. I was just able to buy the upgradeable tickets (with guaranteed upgrades to Business Class — the same tickets that we were told were not available yesterday,personalized bobble heads!). Oy Vey!

Tags: new-york BLOGGER Mrs,custom bobbleheads. Firefly Location: New York Wedding Date: June 2015 Venue: Battery Gardens --> PREVIOUS POSTMy Birdcage NEXT POSTShaker Style Related Posts Planning Our Italian Honeymoon01/09/15 @ 10:28 am Honeymoon Deals Spotlight: Italy01/29/15 @ 1:56 pm Weddings Bring Out the Crazy…,custom bobbleheads;08/26/14 @ 8:39 am Registering at Bed Bath &,personalized bobbleheads; Beyond09/25/14 @ 9:51 am

No comments:

Post a Comment